Sunday, February 7, 2016

Simplicity and Godly Sincerity

IBS Thursday January 28

2 Corinthians 1:12

For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.

The important thing to God is that we abide in Him and not in fleshly wisdom. He wants our conscience to be clear and for us to conduct ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity. He doesn’t want us to complicate our lives or entangle ourselves with the cares of this world. If I am living by fleshly wisdom, I am living for this life and how to be successful here. But if I live in God’s grace, I am living for eternal life. In my own life I have tried living by fleshly wisdom and asking myself how I can get the most enjoyment out of it. I often dream of being multi-millionaire because I see it as the means to experiencing everything I can out of life materially and having the freedom to do all the things I wouldn’t be able to do if lacked the resources, but I miss the point God wants me to see which is found in loving Him and doing His will. It doesn’t necessarily mean I won’t experience the material things or have the resources to do all the things I dream of doing, but the Bible tells us “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness,” and only after this will the material things be added to you. God wants me to depend on Him so that I don’t get caught in the traps in life. Living my life for God is how we experience true freedom. I will never be satisfied by the wisdom of this world. In seeking the Kingdom of God we find God’s grace. In God’s grace we are satisfied and we see the truth about life.

Application: Today I will delight myself in God’s grace and really ask Him to be my source of satisfaction rather than the things of this world which are fading away. I will ask God to make my conscience clear and sincere towards Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment