Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Inductive Bible Study February 22

IBS Monday February 22

Galatians 5:13

For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Through love serve one another. Because of our liberty in Christ we are to serve one another. Jesus died on the cross to pay for our sins. We are no longer in bondage to sin because of Him. This means all our sins, past, present, and future, are forgiven. Yet, we are given a commandment in verse 14: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” This commandment is followed by the consequence of disobeying, “But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!”

To have a good relationship, you need to be able to adapt and submit to each other. Love accomplishes this. If you fail to love each other, you end up devouring each other. A relationship is meant to be a reflection of Jesus’ relationship to the body of Christ. Jesus gives us grace. He keeps us from doing evil. He gives us joy. In a relationship, I need to be like that: giving grace, keeping others from doing evil, and giving joy. I want to be an example of that to others. In my relationships, I want Christ to be seen through me. With my freedom in Christ, I want to do good, not evil. I want to cause joy, not strife.

Thank you Jesus for giving us this freedom. I pray that you would empower me to do good with this freedom, even in the darkest moments. I ask that you fill me afresh with your Holy Spirit so that I can do what my flesh would not give me the strength to do. I ask that you would use me today as a vessel to share with others the love you have given me.


Application: Today I will obey the Lord’s command to love my neighbors by saying hello to everyone I come across, rather than putting them off.

1 comment:

  1. How freeing it is to live life as an open book, freely giving kindness to others like Christ did.
    He is our perfect example of not excluding anyone. Thank you for sharing your heart.
    May it bless and honor the Lord as you let your guard down and show God's love!!

    ReplyDelete