Sunday, February 21, 2016

Inductive Bible Study February 19

IBS Friday February 19

Hebrews 13:17

Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable.

“Obey those who rule over you.” This can be tough. I don’t always like the people who I am asked to submit to, but the Bible tells me to obey them. It’s God transferring His authority to people in my life. I don’t always want to recognize that, but when I do, it is so much more profitable for them as well as myself if they are good leaders.

When I am given the authority to lead, I know how much better things go when people work together and submit to the plans I’ve laid out. I hear all the time, if you want to be a good leader, you must first learn to become a good follower. I want to be a good leader, but that means I need to learn how 
to follow in an excellent way first.


Application: For now I am going to let God take my idea of excelling as a leader so that I can apply myself, through God’s strength, to become the best follower I can be in the Lord. As I am submitted to the authority of Potter’s Field Ministries, today I will make it my effort to be above reproach, be submissive to those who rule over me. One thing I will do today is ask one of my friends to give me an honest evaluation of my reputation and how I can improve upon it so that I may be a more effective follower who brings joy to those who rule over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment