Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Inductive Bible Study February 16

IBS Tuesday February 16

Acts 5:29-32

But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We out to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Obey God. That is the most important thing. So often we just want to follow our own impulses through life. There are so many other ways that man can occupy himself with rather than obeying God. No wonder so many people are drowning in their depression and suffering from the results of their sins. Others may be enjoying life to the max but killing themselves in the process. All paths that do not lead to God ultimately end in misery, but most people don’t realize that until their time is done.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 says “Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man’s all. For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil.”

Obeying God is man’s all. The world says “think for yourself,” “go do what you want to do,” “do what feels right.” No wonder no one can find happiness. However, the Bible tells us the happiness is found in the Lord.

Proverbs 16:20 says, “He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.”

When I came to realize that God is the source of happiness, I felt like I had unlocked the secret to life. I realized that my worldly pursuits did not satisfy these feelings of depression, nor did seeking pleasure or material things. I know that God is the Creator. The Alpha and the Omega. Knowing that I have direct access to God in Jesus Christ is the joy that trumps everything else in life. How can put anything or anyone before God when I know I have God. It is better to obey God than to obey man. God knows everything, but man always falls short. But as I obey God, I receive more of the Holy Spirit.


Application: The next time I am enticed by myself or someone else to do something that goes against my convictions, I am going to put that through God and make my priority to obey Him above myself or someone else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment