Saturday, February 13, 2016

Inductive Bible Study February 12

IBS Friday February 12

Psalm 17:15

"As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness."

One day I will awake in the likeness of God, with a heavenly body that cannot perish. I will be in eternal paradise with Christ. This hope I have surpasses all understanding. It makes persecution so much easier to bear. It makes the fleeting pleasures of this life lose their grip on my life.

1 John 3:2 says, “Now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.”

We shall be like Him. God is the Creator, the giver of salvation, the Alpha and the Omega. How could I possibly desire anything else but to be like Him. The hope we can have in the life to come is beyond comprehension. Our minds can’t even wrap around the glory of God.

Many people choose not to even consider that there is a life after death. Some people think that it is stupid to believe in God. Others go so far as to trust their “intellect” and explain away God with unprovable observations about the development of life and the creation of the universe. Looking at life with the view that God created everything suddenly removes the need to theorize how it all came about.

Job 38:4-6 says “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened?”

No one can wrap their mind around God’s creation, let alone God. That’s why I put my faith in Christ. On top of that, He loves us and gives us eternal life in paradise. As John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

That’s the hope I have.

Application: Today I will take time out of my day to look at God’s creation, the beautiful scenery of Antigua, Guatemala, and ask God to help me see Him through the wonder of His glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment