Sunday, February 28, 2016

Inductive Bible Study February 26

IBS Friday February 26

1 Corinthians 12:14-15

For in fact the body is not one member but many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body?

Each member of a body has its place. If there were only arms or only eyes or only brains, the body would never be able to function. This is the body of Christ according to 1 Corinthians 12. Verse 19 says, “And if they were all one member, where would the body be?” In the church, also known as the body of Christ, there can’t be all pastors and no greeters, or all worship leaders and no one making financial decisions. For people to come together with their many different skills and talents, they need to be adaptable and mutually submissive to become a body.

One of my great desires is that I find my place in the body. As much as I want to be the head, or the leader, I find myself being the legs, doing a lot of work and going where the head commands me to go. But, God tells us not to despise the other members of the body but rather rejoice with them, for we shall receive the same reward. If we are faithful over what God’s given us, He will give us more. Nevertheless, we need to be content with where we are as we do our best in that position, knowing that God works all things together for good.

In my own life, I have seen the fruit of being faithful over a little. When I was fifteen, I got my driver’s permit. It was made very clear to me by my parents that I had great responsibility with that privilege. I had to bring my dad to the airport, pull trailers, go grocery shopping, and drive friends and family members often. To be effective in my service towards my parents, I had to lay some of my own hobbies aside. As I proved myself faithful with the privilege of driving, I was given a car of my own. My parents would even let me drive their vehicles as long as I obeyed their guidelines. I was eventually given freedoms like going on road trips, staying over at friends’ houses, and getting a nicer car. It definitely paid off to be faithful with this simple privilege.


Application: I need to always look at my responsibilities in life as a privilege. As of now, I have the privilege of staying in a really nice compound in Guatemala. I want to gain more favor from the people who are running this compound, so today I am going to read over my responsibilities as an intern on this property, evaluate myself, and make a plan on how to better conduct myself as an intern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment