Wednesday, June 8, 2016

James 3:16

"For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there."

1 Corinthians 14:33 says, “God is not the author of confusion but of peace.” Confusion cannot be of God but is a consequence of envy and self-seeking.

When I get confused I often become frustrated. I have a tendency to let that confusion build up inside without looking to God for peace. Confusion has a way of separating myself from the presence of God, along with everything else that is evil. When I am out of the presence of God, I am living in the flesh.

1 John 1:7 says, “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.”

The way to deal with envy and self-seeking is to bring it to the Light where I can return to the presence of God. Lately I have been struggling with being on the same page with those who I am with all the time. Out of self-seeking, my sin has continually isolated me from others. This is my weakness. I am prone to be an independent. But as I have been learning, I am so much weaker alone than I am when I am united with others. Selfish ambition has taken too much of my life. Seeking my personal interests has removed me from being of one mind with others and stirred up misunderstandings.

Philippians 2:1-4 says, “Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.”


Lord, open up my heart more to others. Soften my heart towards the interests of others. Soften my heart to You, Lord. I continually get lost and confused. My sin has separated me from walking in the light with others and You over and over again. Keep doing a good work in my heart. Amen.


Application: Come to the light about my envy and self-seeking with my teammates and seek the Lord to eliminate the confusion that has come between them, me, and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment