Saturday, March 5, 2016

Inductive Bible Study March 1

IBS Tuesday March 1

Luke 17:7-10

And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and sit down to eat’? But will he not rather say to him, ‘Prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk, and afterward you will eat and drink’? Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not. So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’”

Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not. This is Christianity 101. As Christians, we are servants of the Lord. Philippians 2:14 says, “Do all things without complaining and disputing.” We need to serve with the mindset that we are unprofitable servants. God doesn’t need us. All we do is attend to our duties. Expecting to be thanked for our service shouldn’t be important to us. God will give more to those who increase what He’s given them, but if we desire to be great in Heaven, we need an attitude of service without expectation of reward.


Application: I have been given a duty to do, but I need to change my attitude about it. So tonight I am going to finish all the homework that has been given me to do to the best of my ability without seeking a reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment